Repeat prescriptions are available where appropriate for those on long-term treatment. They are processed on our computerised system when authorised by a doctor.
There are a number of ways to order a repeat prescription:
- Leave your prescription counterfoil with the items required ticked in the box at the reception desk.
- Post it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want it posted back to you.
- Fax it to us on 015395 31495.
- By email - you will need a password for this, again please request this from our receptionists.
- Online via the link at the top of this page. Again, new users are required to complete a simple registration.
Repeat prescriptions may also be requested by phone, but this carries the risk of mishearing drug names or dosages so we do encourage you to use a written method when possible.
Your medication can be collected from Haverthwaite surgery during regular opening times. If you wish to nominate another person to collect your medication, please ask for the appropriate form at reception, and complete for our files.
It would be very helpful if patients could advise our staff when ordering the prescription where they wish to collect it from.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.